Château Léoville-Las Cases is an estate in the Saint-Julien appellation of Bordeaux, ranked as a second growth in the 1855 classification of the Médoc and Graves.
The estate has a history dating back to the mid-17th Century, when it used to be part of a much larger estate.
During the French Revolution (1789-1799) the estate was divided in two with a small section becoming Château Léoville Barton.
In 1840, the original estate was again divided, creating Château Léoville-Poyferre.
All three of the Léoville châteaux were named in the 1855 Classification as second growths, but Léoville-Las Cases remains the largest.