Sancerre

Sancerre

29 products
Recently viewed
learn more about

Sancerre

Sancerre

Sancerre is a wine appellation located in the eastern part of the Loire Valley in France. The region is known for producing some of the finest Sauvignon Blanc wines in the world. The history of winemaking in Sancerre dates back to the Roman times, and the region has been producing wine for over 2,000 years.

The style of production in Sancerre is unique and is characterized by the use of stainless steel tanks and temperature-controlled fermentation. This allows the winemakers to preserve the natural flavors and aromas of the grapes, resulting in wines that are crisp, refreshing, and full of character.

The primary grape variety grown in Sancerre is Sauvignon Blanc, which accounts for around 80% of the total vineyard area. The remaining 20% is planted with Pinot Noir, which is used to produce red and rosé wines. The Sauvignon Blanc grapes grown in Sancerre are known for their high acidity, which gives the wines their characteristic crispness and freshness.

The typical wines produced in Sancerre are white wines that are dry, crisp, and refreshing. They are known for their aromas of citrus fruits, green apples, and gooseberries, with a hint of minerality. The red and rosé wines produced in Sancerre are light-bodied and fruity, with flavors of red berries and a hint of spice.

Sancerre is a region that is known for its high-quality wines, and the wines produced here are highly sought after by wine enthusiasts around the world. The region has a long history of winemaking, and the winemakers here are dedicated to producing wines that are true to their terroir and reflect the unique characteristics of the region.

In conclusion, Sancerre is a wine appellation that is known for producing some of the finest Sauvignon Blanc wines in the world. The region has a long history of winemaking, and the winemakers here are dedicated to producing wines that are true to their terroir and reflect the unique characteristics of the region. The wines produced in Sancerre are crisp, refreshing, and full of character, with flavors and aromas that are unique to the region.