Once opened the wine shows an immediate aroma of a myriad of perfumes, the purity of white roses, hawthorn and pale lilac iris. Carried by a mineral extract and a never ending finish.
Established in 1859 by the cooper-craftsman Jean-Edouard Dupard, Domaine Jean Chartron has been governed by five generations passed down father to son.
The history of the Chartron family is closely entwined with that of Burgundy, and more precisely with that of Puligny Montrachet. Jean-Edouard Dupard, the first of the dynasty when mayor of Puligny, obtained the right to associate the name of the village with that of Montrachet.