In 1552, Pierre de Lhomme, a rich Bordeaux clothier bought the house of "Guyscoutz", built up a vast estate around it and planted the very first vines.
The wine adventure was underway and the successors of our rich merchant in turn were able to add their contribution. It was in the 19th century, under the impetus of the Promis, the Pescatore and other Cruses that Giscours adorned itself in its finery: transformation of the castle into a neoclassical palace, development of a park with rare species by the landscape designer Eugène Bülher, modernization of production facilities with the construction of huge farm buildings, including the famous "Ferme Suzanne" ...
In 1995, Eric Albada Jelgersma, a Dutch businessman, took over the operation and undertook meticulous work to restore the vineyard and renovate the buildings to restore all the nobility befitting this Third Grand Cru Classé of 1855.
Recieve exclusive offers for Onshore Wine Club members only, join exclusive (online) events and much more! Sign up for free now!